LUMS MS / M.Phil. Admissions
High Scoring LUMS SSE Computer Science Preparation Course
Reinforce these concepts to build a strong foundation and ensure your success
Prepare for LUMS SBASSE Computer with Tabir Academy
High Scoring Challenge: Challenge yourself until you master every concept
Learning box: Super Easy way to learn all the complex concepts
Bonus Feature: Tabir is Fun
Mastering the LUMS SBASSE Computer Science Subject Test: A Comprehensive Preparation Course
About the course:
The Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE) at LUMS offers Master of Science (MS) programs that are designed to provide specialized and professional training. The programs are rigorous, challenging, and provide students with the opportunity to choose between MS-by-Coursework or MS-by-Thesis. By enrolling in our course, you can gain a competitive edge in your field and equip yourself with the necessary skills to succeed in the rapidly evolving world of Computer Science. You will work on real-world projects that will help you to build your skills, knowledge, and confidence. Our multidisciplinary learning environment will provide you with the opportunity to draw on knowledge from all six disciplines offered at SBASSE.
Our faculty members have years of experience in the field of Computer Science and are dedicated to providing students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed. They have designed our courses to be challenging, rigorous, and relevant to the needs of the industry. They have also conducted rigorous research work and published in renowned journals, ensuring that the course content is up-to-date and reflects the latest advancements in the field. By enrolling in our course, you will have access to their expertise, knowledge, and guidance.
- All students must take 15 credits of core courses, including both depth core and breadth core courses, to fulfil the requirements for the Master of Science (MS) curriculum.
- Computer science, design and analysis of algorithms, mathematics, applied statistics, or applied probability are examples of depth core courses.
- Students who enroll in breadth core courses must take one course from each of the streams of systems, software engineering, and data science.
- Students who choose the MS-by-Coursework programme must also complete 15 more credit hours of elective coursework, whereas students who choose the MS-by-Thesis programme must complete 6 credit hours of MS Thesis and 9 additional credit hours of electives.
A. Local applicants who wish to be admitted to the MS Computer Science Programme must take two admission tests for Fall 2023 admission. These include the LUMS Graduate Admission Test (LGAT) and the LUMS SBASSE Subject Test in Computer Science.
- The LGAT consists of three sections, namely Quantitative, Verbal, and Analytical.
- The scores obtained in both admission tests will be valid only for the admission of Fall 2023.
- The scores will be used to evaluate applications and will not be shared with applicants.
B. International applicants who are not residing in Pakistan must take the GRE General Test through the Educational Testing Service (ETS) in the USA.
- They will not be required to take the LUMS SBASSE Subject Test in Computer Science since it is not available for them.
- Consequently, such applicants will be assessed based solely on their GRE General Test score.
- Further information about the GRE General Test can be obtained by visiting https://elite.org.pk/
Important note: The LUMS Graduate Admission Test (LGAT) consists of three sections:
The scores obtained in the LGAT and SBASSE Subject Test will only be valid for Fall 2023 admission. These scores will be used for evaluating applications but will not be revealed to the applicants.
How to submit?
To be evaluated for admission, applicants must complete four (4) steps by the given deadlines:
- Submit the admission application online.
- Submit scanned copies of required supporting documents online.
- Pay the appropriate application processing fee.
- Have referees submit a letter of recommendation online.
- The application processing fee is Rs. 2,900 for local applicants and USD 120 for international applicants. The LGAT and SBASSE Subject Test fee is Rs. 1,800. The application processing fee must be paid to be considered for admission.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Architecture and Organization
- Computer Networks and Communication
- Data Base System
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Digital Logic and Computer Organization
- Object Oriented Programming
- Operating System
- Programming Fundamentals
- Software Engineering
- Theory of Automata